Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Writing Process

When we were little we used to have to make outlines, then work on an introduction, work on a rough draft, revise, then final product, etc. It was always such a drawn out process. However, now, a lot of my writing comes from what goes on around me, or things that I dream about at night. I tend to first think about something that's happened in my life or something that I dreamt about and use that as a base to create a story. I like to just write. Whatever goes onto the paper, goes. But once I've created the plot and dialogue I usually go back and take out the things that are cheesy or unnecessary. I like to let other people read it that aren't writing majors as well as feed back from students in my class because I enjoy getting feedback from both sides.

I prefer being in the library while writing because I have a very difficult time focusing and the library is where I can hide in a little cubby and zone in on what I need to get done.

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/bio.html

This is a biography about Stephanie Meyer. I chose this link because "Twilight," was inspired by her dreams, too!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for describing your process. I think allowing chance into the set up is very smart. And what is more chancy than dreams?

    ReplyDelete