I decided to keep this food blog when I was at Jose Teja's (Tex-Mex restaurant in Fairfield, NJ) one night. For whatever reason, I was extra observant that night and decided that recording certain aspects of different restaurants, or anywhere for that matter, could be quite entertaining.
It began when the waitress served my friends and I our second round of chips and salsa. At this point we had not received our meals and I was half way to being full. Was this their plan? I wasn't sure. I mean... I don't think that it benefits them? Maybe they figure... "Oh they'll be so full that they'll just need to bring home the left overs and when they eat it the next day, will be reminded of how fabulous our restaurant is! How could they not come back?" OR .. or, maybe they have a secret addictive ingredient in the salsa and/or the chips. Not gonna lie, I wouldn't doubt this one, my friends. After my past visit to Jose Tejas, I went 3 more times after within the next week and a half just JONESIN' for those chips and salsa. Interesting. Anyway, aside from all of my womping blabber... the food there is to die for and it's barely expensive. The place, is a gold mine. Tried going there at 330-4 on a Saturday and I had to wait an hour. Props to the owner!
People watching. People watching is always entertaining when you think into it. The table next to my friends and I were without a doubt the "first date couple" of the year.
"So, do you drink often?"
"What's your family like are you close with them?"
.. bill comes
"Oh i've got this, don't worry about it!" (The dude, of course.)
And then there was this older man behind us. He was sitting alone with a book to read, a glass of wine AND a bottle of beer (both full). He was then served a salad, a main course and an appetizer (all at the same time). The ideas being thrown around the table between my friends and I were as such:
"Maybe he's reviewing the restaurant."
"Maybe his wife died and this is where they came to eat all the time."
"Maybe he's just really alone."
"Maybe he got stood up."
and the ideas continued, of course while Todd and Jenny finished up their first date.
My friend then, wrote his number on the tip for the waitress. We told him that he wasn't only leaving his number for her, but for everyone else who will ever get that dollar bill. He didn't care.
P.S. The chicken quesadillas and fajitas are to die for.
P.P.S. You will reek of mexican food once you leave the place.
I give it a two thumbs up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment